Bethel Evangelical Missionary Church
- Come let us go to the house of God and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths
- Isaiah 2:3
A Brief History of Bethel Church
Bethel Church was first started in 1878, one mile west and one mile north of New Dundee. Its roots are Mennonite.
In the fall of 1920, it was decided to relocate the church into the village of New Dundee and a dedication service for the new facilities was held on November 6, 1921. At that time a youth group as well as a ladies mission circle was organized. Once again by 1966 it was felt that the structure did not lend itself to an addition since the lot was too small. A new church building was built on the present lot and dedicated in 1968. These new facilities were completed in March 1996.
We have been known in the past as Bethel Missionary Church or simply as Bethel Church. In August of 1992, the Evangelical Church in Canada and the Missionary Church in Canada celebrated the merger of a new denomination, the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. Now we are more properly known as Bethel Evangelical Missionary Church.
The Evangelical Missionary Church is committed to being holy people of God in the world and to building His church by worldwide evangelism, discipleship and multiplication of growing churches, to the glory of God.
Evangelical theology and Missionary zeal characterize the denomination. Nearly 250 missionaries serve in over 55 countries outside North America. Efforts to send workers to more countries, continue.